Aptamil Comfort Formula Powder is great for your baby as it contains 39% less lactose than in standard infant milks and prebiotic oligosaccharides which will help to encourage softer stools. It also has a thick consistency which will keep your baby feeling full and satisfied, as well as preventing them from taking in too much air. This formula is nutritionally complete meaning it is suitable for use for both combination feeing and for babies who are exclusively bottle fed.
Aptamil Formula contains Fructo- and Galacto-Oligosaccharides as part of their updated formula in line with new legislation surrounding specialist milks. This formula is also enriched with all the vitamins and minerals your baby needs to support normal development.
If you are concerned that your baby has colic or constipation you should speak to your healthcare professional.
Key Features of Aptamil Comfort Formula
- Specially tailored for the dietary management of Colic & Constipation
- Nutritionally complete breastmilk substitute
- Updated formulation
- Contains Fructo- and Galacto-Oligosaccharides
- Reduced lactose & partially hydrolysed protein
- Halal Certified
Usage / Instructions
Preparing your baby's feed
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake immediately, vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until the powder is dissolved.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Due to the blend of ingredients in Aptamil Comfort, the milk can separate once prepared. If this occurs, shake the bottle vigorously to mix and use as normal. You may notice that your baby's stools change consistency when using this formula, this is completely normal.