Bonjela Adult Gel provides effective relief from the pain, discomfort and inflammation caused by common mouth ulcers, cold sores, dentures and sore spots. For 16 years old and over.
Bonjela Adult Gel is commonly used for the effective relief from mouth ulcers and is sugar free.
What's in Bonjela Adult?
Bonjela Adult contains Choline Salicylate which gives relief for pain, irritation and inflammation. It also contains an antiseptic called Cetalkonium Chloride. This helps to fight infections. Together, they help to heal the area, prevent further infection and relieve pain.
Should I use Bonjela on children?
Bonjela Adult as it's now called, should no longer be used by children under the age of 16. However you can use Bonjela Soothing Teething Gel which relieves teething pain for babies over six months old, and Bonjela Junior which is suitable for children over five months and under 16 years. Both available at Chemist Direct.
Why is Bonjela bad for babies?
The adult version contains Choline Salicylate. There's a possible association between salicylates and Reye's syndrome when given to children. Reye's syndrome is a very rare disease which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal.
How to use Bonjela Gel:
- For oral topical use. Check the cap seal is unbroken before use.
- Bonjela and Bonjela cool mint gel - should no longer be used by children under the age of 16.
- Bonjela and Bonjela cool mint gel continue to be suitable and effective treatments for mouth ulcers in adults and adolescents 16 years or over.
- Adults: Massage approximately one centimetre of Bonjela onto the sore area. This can be reapeated after 3 hours.
- Denture sores: Massage approximately one centimetre of Bonjela onto the sore area and leave at least 30 minutes before re-inserting the dentures. Do not apply Bonjela directly to the dentures
Warnings relating toBonjela Gel:
- Glycerol (contained in the product) can be harmful in high doses and can cause headache, stomach upset and diarrhoea)
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not store above 30°c.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, or you have an stomach ulcer, or are allergic to Salicylates, or pregnant, consult your doctor (or dentist)
- Do not use this product if you are taking medicine for blood clots or gout.
- Reactions such as an asthma attack may occasionally occur in peoples sensitivity to Salicylates.
- Do not use after expiry date shown.
Bonjela Gel contains:
Chlorine Salicyate 8.714% w/w, Cetalkonium Chloride 0.010%, Ethanol 33.45% w/w, Glycerol, Menthol, Hypromellose 4500, Anise Oil, Sodium Saccarin, Water.