Buscopan IBS Relief provides effective relief from the pain of Irritable Bowel Symdrome. It acts on the cause of the pain: relaxing the bowel muscles to help stop the spasm itself and relieves the discomfort caused by painful cramps.
Buscopan Ibs Relief Tabletsprovides effective stomach pain relief. It was first developed over 50 years ago, to provide stomach pain relief to people suffering with abdominal pain and discomfort due to cramps of the gastro-intestinal tract. It is now the most popular selling antispasmodic treatment worldwide, sold in more than 50 countries around the world. Buscopan IBS Relief tablets contain the active ingredient Hyoscine Butylbromide, which is derived from natural hyoscine, extracted from the duboisia plant. Hyoscine butylbromide is from a family of drugs known as antispasmodics.
How Does Buscopan IBS Work?
Buscopan IBS Relief has a targeted effect;
- It acts on the cause of the pain: relaxing the bowel muscles to help stop the spasm itself.
- It acts where it's needed, to effectively relieve the discomfort and pain of abdominal cramps.
After being swallowed, Buscopan IBS Relief moves slowly down the digestive tract. But because of its particular pharmacological properties, very little enters the blood stream and it mostly stays in the gastro-intestinal system. Buscopan IBS Relief interrupts the cramp signal from the brain which helps the muscles to relax, thus allowing the pain to fade and the digestive processes to return to normal.
How to use Buscopan IBS Relief:
- Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has diagnosed that you have Irritable Bowel Symdrome.
- You must consult your doctor if you are over 40 years old and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
- Adults and children 12 years and over only: Start by taking one tablet 3 times a day.
- If more relief is needed, you can increase your dose to a maximum of two tablets 4 times a day.
- Swallow the tablet whole with water.
- Do not chew it.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Warnings relating to Buscopan IBS Relief:
- There is no maximum time frame for taking Buscopan IBS Relief. However, if symptoms persist longer than two weeks, or if new symptoms develop, it is important that you consult your doctor.
- You should consult your doctor before taking Buscopan IBS Relief if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or if you are breast-feeding
- Buscopan IBS Relief is not recommended for children under 12 years.
- You should consult your doctor before you take Buscopan IBS Relief if you are taking an antidepressant, major tranquilliser, antihistamine, antiviral drug, dopamine antagonist (e.g. metoclopramide), or medicine to treat a heart problem.
- Not to be used if you have Glaucoma (eye condition), Megacolon (enlarged colon), Myasthenia Gravis (rare muscle weakness), or are allergic to Hyoscine Butylbromide or the other ingredients.
Buscopan IBS Relief contains:
Hyoscine Butylbromide 10mg as the active ingredient.
Also contains: Sucrose.