Canesten Oral & Cream Duo gives you internal and external treatment for thrush symptoms. The oral capsule contains Fluconazole and the tube of cream contains Clotrimazole to provide you with soothing double strength thrush treatment.
Product descriptionCanesten Oral & Cream Duo
What is Canesten Oral & Cream Duo?
Canesten Oral & Cream Duo can provide you with internal and external treatment for thrush symptoms, an oral capsule plus a soothing double-strength cream.
This product is suitable for adults between 16 and 60 years of age.
What is in the Canesten Oral & Cream Duo Kit?
- Canesten Thrush Cream Clotrimazole (10g)
- Canesten Oral Capsule
What is Canesten Thrush Cream?
It can provide soothing relief from any external itching and soreness caused by fungal infections. This cream may be used for treating men and women.
What is Canesten Oral Capsules?
The capsule is an effective single-dose treatment for vaginal thrush or penile thrush.
What Causes Thrush?
Thrush is caused when there is disruption in the balance between bacteria and yeasts which naturally live within the vagina. This can be caused by a variety of factors like:
- Medicines and antibiotics
- The trauma of sexual activity
- Perfumed soap, shower gels, or bubble baths
- Wearing tight clothing
How to Prevent Thrush with Canesten Oral & Cream Duo?
Canesten Oral & Cream Duo can be used to prevent the growth of fungus and reduce itchy, burning sensations. To prevent thrush from recurring:
- Avoid tight, synthetic clothing
- Avoid perfumed soaps, gels, bubble baths, vaginal deodorants and douches
- Change tampons or pads regularly when on your period
How to use Canesten Oral & Cream Duo:
For vaginal thrush in adults, only a single dose (1 capsule) is needed. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water. The capsule can be taken with or without food.
Apply the cream thinly & evenly over the affected external irritated area the cream on the external irritated area 2-3 times a day to relieve the symptoms until they disappear, or up to one week in women and up to 2 weeks in men.
Caution when using Canesten Oral & Cream Duo:
If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, see your doctor. Do not use if you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast feeding. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any medicine other than the contraceptive pill and if you are aged under 16 or over 60.
Do not use Fluconazole Oral Capsule without first consulting your doctor:
- If you have had more than two infections in the last six months
- If you are under 16 or over 60 years of age
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Fluconazole Oral Capsule
- If you are taking any other medicine other than the Pill
- If you are taking the antihistamine terfenadine or the prescription medicine cisapride
- If you have had thrush more than twice in the last six months
- If you have any disease or illness affecting your liver or kidneys or have had unexplained jaundice
- If you suffer from any other chronic disease or illness
- If you or your partner have had exposure to a sexually transmitted disease
- If you are unsure of the cause of your symptoms.
Each Canesten capsule contains:
The active ingredient Fluconazole 150 mg. Each capsule also contains: lactose monohydrate & sodium lauryl sulfate.
The Canesten cream contains:
The active ingredient Clotrimazole 200mg (2% w/w). The cream also contains: benzyl alcohol, Polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, Cetyl palmitate, Cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol & purified water.