Corsodyl 1% W/W Gum Problem Treatment Dental Gel 6 Pack is an aid to the treatment and prevention of gum disease, tooth decay and the build up of plaque. It promotes gum healing, manages mouth ulcers and oral thrush.
Corsodyl 1% W/W Gum Problem Treatment Dental Gel 6 Pack helps prevent and treat gum disease. It contains the active ingredient chlohexidine which when used daily has been proven to help prevent the formation and build-up of plaque on the teeth.
What is it used for?
- Prevents the build-up of plaque on the teeth.
- Helps maintain oral hygiene.
- Prevents and treats gum disease (gingivitis).
- Prevents tooth decay in people at high risk, for example people with a dry mouth due to poorly functioning salivary glands (xerostomia).
- Promotes gum healing after dental surgery.
- Manages mouth ulcers (apthous ulcers).
- Manages oral thrush (candidosis).
How to use Corsodyl 1% W/W Gum Problem Treatment Dental Gel 6 Pack:
- For gum disease: Brush teeth for at least one minute once or twice daily using 2cm of gel. Corsodyl can be used for up to 30 days, depending on the severity of the condition.
- For mouth ulcers: Apply gel directly to the sore areas using your fingertip or a cotton bud. Smear gel lightly over the fitting surfaces of the dentures before insertion.
- For a denture sore mouth: Also cleanse and soak the dentures in Corsodyl treatment mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily.
- For use after dental surgery or treatment: Use as directed by your dentist
Precautions to consider before the use of Corsodyl 1% W/W Gum Problem Treatment Dental Gel 6 Pack:
Because of the way chlorhexidine forms a protective layer across the teeth and gums to help prevent new plaque from forming, some temporary discolouration can occur on the teeth and tongue. In the majority of cases this can be removed by brushing, and will disappear once the treatment has stopped.
Discolouration usually occurs when certain foods and drinks such as tea, coffee and red wine are consumed within an hour of using the mouthwash. Other sources such as beer and cigarettes cause staining but are not associated with chlorhexidine digluconate in Corsodyl.
- Keep out of eyes and ears
- Please read all packaging and leaflets prior to use
- Do not use in children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
Corsodyl 1% W/W Gum Problem Treatment Dental Gel 6 Pack contains:
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 1%