Cow & Gate From Birth Reflux Milk is a thickened formula, designed to reduce the number of episodes of reflux and regurgitation in babies. Nutritionally complete.
Cow & Gate From Birth Reflux Milk is specially developed for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation. The formula uses carob bean gum to give a thick consistency and ensures the liquid remains thick in the stomach. This helps to reduce the amount of air your baby swallows while they feed, keep the feed down and leave your baby feeling fuller for longer. Cow & Gate Reflux milk is nutritionally complete, meaning it is suitable for use both with combination feeding and for babies who are exclusively bottle fed.
Cow & Gate Reflux Milk contains Fructo- and Galacto-Oligosaccharides and DHA (Omega-3 LPCs) as part of their updated formula in line with new legislation surrounding specialist milks.
Key Features of Cow & Gate Reflux Milk
- Thickened formula reduces number of reflux and regurgitation episodes
- Nutritionally complete breast milk substitute
- Updated formulation
- Contains Fructo- and Galacto-Oligosaccharides
How to prepare your baby's milk
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 45 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding to many or too few scoops can be harmful. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and roll upright between the palms of your hands - roll it strongly for 5 seconds. The time between adding the scoops and rolling the bottle should be as short as possible.
- Shake bottle for 20 seconds and then leave to stand for 7 minutes to allow it to thicken. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Cow & Gate Anti-Reflux is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation. It must be used under medical supervision. This product should not be used in combination with antacids or other and it is not suitable for premature infants. Remember to consult a healthcare professional before use. Make up each feed as required. For hygiene reasons, do not store made-up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours. Do not heat drinks in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Never leave your baby alone during feeding. When bottle feeding do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Lactose (from Milk), Vegetable Oils (Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil), Skimmed Milk, Demineralised Whey (from Milk), Carob Bean Gum, Whey Concentrate (from Milk), Calcium Phosphate, Fish Oil, Whey Protein (from Milk), Sodium Citrate, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin C, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Inositol, Taurine, Iron Sulphate, L-Tryptophan, Zinc Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E, Uridine 5-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Pantothenic Acid, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Soft, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Manganese Sulphate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K1, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12.