Derbac M Liquid is used for the eradication of head lice, pubic lice and their eggs and even treats scabies
Derbac M Liquid
What is Derbac M Liquid?
Derbac M Liquid is a treatment for head lice and nits. It can also be used to treat pubic lice and scabies.
How does Derbac M Liquid work?
Derbac M Liquid contains the active ingredient malathion, which helps kill parasites such as head lice, pubic lice, and scabies mites. It works by blocking the action of an enzyme in the parasite called cholinesterase, which is essential for the growth and survival of the parasite.
How to use Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W:
Lyclear Dermal Cream is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with water immediately. Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool. Do not take a hot bath immediately before treatment. The cream rubs easily into the skin. You do not need to keep applying more cream until it can be seen on the surface of the skin. If the contents of the tube are swallowed by a child, talk to your doctor immediately. If too much cream is applied, it should be washed off with soap and warm water. If there are any signs of irritation, talk to your doctor.
- Usually a single application clears the infestation. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, talk to your doctor.
Treatment of scabies:
- Adults and children over 2 years old should apply the cream to the skin over the whole body including the palms and soles, but not the head and face. Pay particular attention to the areas between the fingers and toes (including under the finger and toe nails), wrists, arm-pits, external genitals and buttocks.
- Babies and children under 2 years old should be treated as above and also have their necks, faces, ears and scalps treated. Avoid the area around the mouth (as the cream could be licked off) and around the eyes. Children between 2 months and 2 years should only be treated under medical supervision.
- Elderly (over 65 years old) should apply as directed for adults and children over 2 years old but should also include their necks, faces, ears and scalps. Care must be taken to avoid applying the Cream to areas close to the eyes.
The cream should be left on for at least 8 hours then washed off with soap and water not more than 12 hours later.
Re-apply the Cream to hands if they are washed with soap and water within 8 hours of treatment.
Some products for the treatment of head lice are flammable when on the hair, and can ignite and cause serious harm in the presence of an open flame or other source of ignition, such as when lighting cigarettes. The user of these products should keep away from people who are smoking, and open flames or other sources of ignition, including in the morning after an overnight application, until the hair is washed.
Please read the instructions that come with the treatment to ensure it is used safely and correctly.
Possible side effects of Derbac M Liquid:
Very rarely, skin irritation has been reported.