Hirudoid Cream provides soothing relief for bruising and superficial thrombophebitis.
Product DescriptionHirudoid Cream What is Hirudoid Cream?
Hirudoid Cream is a type of ointment that can be used to relieve pain and inflammation associated with bruises and inflamed veins.How Does Hirudoid Cream Works?
Hirudoid Creams and Gels both contain Heparinoid as an active ingredient, which is absorbed through the skin.
This works by dissolving and reducing small blood clots and bruising. It improves the circulation around the area of concern through superficial veins under the skin and promotes healing. Heparinoid can also reduce pain and discomfort.What can you use Hirudoid Cream for?
Hirudoid Cream can be used to treat bruising and haematoma (blood clots) as it works by improving the circulation after bruising or soft tissue injuries. It can also be used to relieve pain and inflammation associated with superficial thrombophlebitis (vein inflammation).What causes inflammation in the veins?
Also known as Phlebitis or Superficial Thrombophlebitis, Vein Inflammation is a condition that happens when blood clots in the veins or the walls of your veins are damaged. There are many different causes of Vein Inflammation, such as:
- Sitting too long in a car, plane or train
- After surgery
If you are a smoker, overweight, taking contraception, hormone replacement therapy, pregnant, have cancer or have previously had a blood clot, you are also more likely to experience vein inflammation.
Directions for using Hirudoid Cream:
- This preparation is for external use only.
- The amount of cream/gel to be used will depend on the size of the area being treated.
- Gently massage about 5 to 15cm of cream/gel to the affected area. If the area is tender to touch, the cream/gel can be applied around the area, rather than directly on to the area. This can be repeated up to four times a day.
- Wash your hands after using the cream/gel.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose of this medicine, which will be stated in the product packaging or information leaflet supplied with the medicine.
- Seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Caution before using Hirudoid Cream:
- Hirudoid cream contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), which may also cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- Hirudoid cream contains propylene glycol which may cause skin irritation.
Hirudoid Cream is not be used on:
- Children under five years old.
- Broken skin or open wounds.
- Large areas of skin.
- Sensitive skins areas such as near the mouth, eyes or in the genital areas.
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient.
- Lining of the body's cavities (mucous membranes)
- Sensitive skin
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Hirudoid Cream contains:
Active ingredient Heparinoid 0.3% w/w in a white vanishing cream base. Also contains Anhydrous eucerine, E216, E218, emulsifying cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, isopropyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, thymol, purified water