IMODIUM® Instants dissolve directly on the tongue for on-the-go relief from diarrhoea.
Take control of your diarrhoea with IMODIUM® Instants. IMODIUM® Instants melt in the mouth and give on-the-go diarrhoea relief. They're specially designed to give quick relief in under one hour, when you're on the go, as they dissolve instantly on your tongue, so you don't need to take them with water, ideal when you are travelling. IMODIUM® Instants help restore your body's natural rhythm, so you can be in control and get on your day
What are the key benefits of IMODIUM® Instants?
- For fast, effective relief from diarrhoea in under an hour
- Melt instantly on the tongue - no need to take with water
- Ideal for on-the-go relief that's convenient and discreet
What does Imodium do?
IMODIUM contains the active ingredient Loperamide. This medication is used to treat sudden diarrhoea (including traveller's diarrhoea). It works by slowing down the movement of the gut. This decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery.
- Adults and children over 12 years: Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
IBS diarrhoea, previously diagnosed by a doctor:
- Adults aged 18 years and over: Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, or as previously advised by a doctor, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day.
- You can use this medicine for up to 2 weeks for repeated attacks, but do not take for any one attack lasting longer than 48 hours. If your symptoms change, worsen or are not improved after 2 weeks, consult your doctor.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
For more information please refer to the Patient Information Leaflet.
Possible side effects when taking Imodium Instant Melts:
Side effects with Imodium are rare but should you experience any side effects report to your doctor or pharmacist.
Each Tablet contains 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride and also contains Aspartame.