IMODIUM® Plus Comfort tablets work to quickly relieve diarrhoea, while also soothing painful cramps in your stomach, uncomfortable bloating and embarrassing wind.
Take control of your diarrhoea with IMODIUM® Plus Comfort. IMODIUM® Plus Comfort contains an additional ingredient called Simeticone, which helps ease excess gas in the gut that can cause pain, bloating and discomfort. IMODIUM® Plus Comfort gives you on-the-go diarrhoea relief in under one hour, and helps restore your body's natural rhythm, so you can be discomfort free and get on your day.
What are the key benefits of IMODIUM® Plus Comfort?
- For fast, effective relief from diarrhoea in under an hour
- Soothing formula relieves cramps, bloating and wind
- Easy-to-swallow tablets
What does Imodium do?
IMODIUM contains the active ingredient Loperamide. This medication is used to treat sudden diarrhoea (including traveller's diarrhoea). It works by slowing down the movement of the gut. This decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery. IMODIUM® Plus Comfort also contains Simeticone which helps to relieve excess gas that can cause pain and bloating.
- Adults over 18 years of age: Take 2 caplets initially, followed if required, by 1 caplet after every further loose bowel movement.
- Young adults aged 12 to 18 years: Take 1 caplet initially, followed, if required, by 1 caplet after every further loose bowel movement.
- No more than 4 caplets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, contact your doctor.
Read the package leaflet before use.
Not recommended for children under 12 years. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
For more information please refer to the Patient Information Leaflet.
<strong '="" normal'="" style="font-weight: 700;">Possible side effects whilst taking Imodium Plus Caplets:
<strong '="" normal'="" style="font-weight: 700;">
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Dry mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Paralysis or inactivity of the intestine that stops the movement of material through the gut (paralytic ileus)
- Skin reactions such as rash and itch
- Abdominal pain
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer. For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Each Caplet contains 2 mg Loperamide Hydrochloride and Simeticone equivalent to 125 mg Dimeticone
Buscopan IBS Relief contains:
Hyoscine Butylbromide 10mg as the active ingredient.
Also contains: Sucrose.