Lyclear Dermal Cream
What is Lyclear Dermal Cream?
Lyclear Dermal Cream is an effective treatment for Scabies and Genital Lice (Crabs). It contains Permethrin 5%, a chemical with a broad range of insecticidal properties. It helps to treat and prevent pubic lice and scabies that can cause irritation, itching, burning, and discomfort.
Why use Lyclear Dermal Cream?
If you struggle with either scabies or genital lice, Lyclear Dermal Cream can offer you a non-intrusive treatment and provide the relief you need.
Who can use Lyclear Dermal Cream?
Lyclear Dermal Cream for the whole family, this cream can be used on children aged 2 and up.
Scabies & Lyclear Dermal Cream
Due to sharing a similar appearance to a rash, people assume it is simply an infection and treat it as such. The reality is that scabies is an infestation caused by tiny mites on the skin and laying their eggs. This can cause itching and irritation in the infected area of the body.
Soothing Scabies & Crabs with Lyclear
Permethrin belongs to a group of medicines called the pyrethroids, which are anti-parasitic agents. It works by binding to a particular site (sodium channels) on nerve endings. This leads to a complex series of reactions, leading to paralysis of the nervous system, inhibition of metabolism, and ultimately death of the insect.
How to use Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W:
Lyclear Dermal Cream is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with water immediately. Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool. Do not take a hot bath immediately before treatment. The cream rubs easily into the skin. You do not need to keep applying more cream until it can be seen on the surface of the skin. If the contents of the tube are swallowed by a child, talk to your doctor immediately. If too much cream is applied, it should be washed off with soap and warm water. If there are any signs of irritation, talk to your doctor.
- Usually a single application clears the infestation. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, talk to your doctor.
Treatment of scabies:
- Adults and children over 2 years old should apply the cream to the skin over the whole body including the palms and soles, but not the head and face. Pay particular attention to the areas between the fingers and toes (including under the finger and toe nails), wrists, arm-pits, external genitals and buttocks.
- Babies and children under 2 years old should be treated as above and also have their necks, faces, ears and scalps treated. Avoid the area around the mouth (as the cream could be licked off) and around the eyes. Children between 2 months and 2 years should only be treated under medical supervision.
- Elderly (over 65 years old) should apply as directed for adults and children over 2 years old but should also include their necks, faces, ears and scalps. Care must be taken to avoid applying the Cream to areas close to the eyes.
The cream should be left on for at least 8 hours then washed off with soap and water not more than 12 hours later.
Re-apply the Cream to hands if they are washed with soap and water within 8 hours of treatment.
Some products for the treatment of head lice are flammable when on the hair, and can ignite and cause serious harm in the presence of an open flame or other source of ignition, such as when lighting cigarettes. The user of these products should keep away from people who are smoking, and open flames or other sources of ignition, including in the morning after an overnight application, until the hair is washed. Do not use if: •The patient is under the age of 2 months. •You are using corticosteroids for treating other skin conditions (e.g. eczema). •You are asthmatic or suffer from eczema as Lyclear dermal cream can worsen the symptoms of these conditions. •For cutaneous use only. •Do not allow the cream to get into the eyes or come into contact with mucous membranes (inside the nose or throat, genital region) or open wounds. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. •Avoid applying around the mouth, especially in children. •Please consult your pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you are currently pregnant, likely to get pregnant or breastfeeding. •Please consult your pharmacist or doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines as this may cause an interaction. •If you think you may be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medicine, please seek medical advice before taking. •If you have any questions after you have bought this medication, please speak to your pharmacist.
Please read the instructions that come with the treatment to ensure it is used safely and correctly.
Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W - No interactions are known. The treatment of eczematous-like reactions with corticosteroids should be withheld prior to treatment with the Cream, as there is a risk of exacerbating the scabies infestation by reducing the immune response to the mite. The likelihood of interactions between the two treatments leading to potentiated adverse reactions or reduced efficacy is, however, small.
Active Ingredients: Permethrin 5% w/w Coconut oil, glyceryl monostearate, macrogol cetyl ether, cetomacrogol 1000, isopropyl myristate, lanolin alcohols/liquid paraffin mixture, butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), glycerol, formaldehyde solution, carbomer, sodium hydroxide and purified water. Size (30) Unit (G) Height (3.7) Width (12.7) Depth (2.9)