Manevac Granules are classed as a bulk forming agents. Also helps in pain-free evacuation in haemorrhoids.
What are Manevac Granules?
Manevac Granules are within the group of medicines known as stimulant laxatives. They are used to treat constipation and they work by encouraging the bowel to contract and move waste products along the bowel.
How Does Manevac Granules Work?
Constipation can be caused by a number of factors, including poor diet, not drinking enough water and not going to the toilet as soon as you feel you need to. Constipation may also be caused by pregnancy, a lack of exercise or movement (through being ill) and some medicines including pain killers.
Manevac Granules are specially formulated to provide gentle, easy relief to constipation, including constipation during pregnancy while maintaining normal bowel function. It contains Ispaghula and senna as active ingredients which are both laxatives.
The Ispaghula in the Maneva Granules acts as a bulk-forming laxative. It swells when it comes into contact with fluid in the gut, increasing the intestinal content that cannot be absorbed into your body. This mass stimulates the muscles in the bowels to push the contents along, relieving constipation.
Senna is a stimulant laxative. This works by stimulating the nerve endings in the walls of the bowel and rectum, causing the muscles to contract and relieve your constipation.
Directions for the use of Manevac Granules:
- Always read the manufacturer\'s information leaflet, if possible, before beginning treatment.
- Take exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Stimulant laxatives should not be given to children unless a doctor has prescribed them.
- Adults should take their dose just before bedtime.
- Children should be given their dose in the mornings.
- Should only be used for a short time. This is because the bowel can start to rely on this type of laxative to make it work rather than working on it\'s own.
- This medicine is for you. Never give it to others, even if their condition appears to be the same as yours.
- Never take more than your doctor has told you. If you suspect that you or someone else has taken an overdose, contact your doctor or go to the accident and emergency department of your local hospital at once. Always take the container with you if possible, even if it is empty.
Caution before taking Manevac Granules:
Read product packaging and instructions before use.
Make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows if:
- You are pregnant, trying for a baby or breastfeeding.
- You have any pain in the lower abdomen, if you feel bloated or have stomach cramps.
- You are feeling or being sick.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to this or any other medicine.
- You are taking any other medicines, including those available to buy without prescription.