Mepilex Lite Dressing is an absorbent, soft silicone dressing with Safetac technology. Mepilex Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, e.g. skin tears and secondary healing wounds.
Mepilex Lite Dressing
Mepilex Lite Dressing is a thin and conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate while maintaining a moist wound environment. The added Safetac layer seals around the edges of the wounds in order to prevent leaking onto the surrounding skin and minimising the risk of maceration. This Safetac layer helps to reduce any pain or trauma while changing the dressing. Mepilex Lite Dressing can be cut differently to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Mepilex Lite is designed for a range of exuding wounds and can be used on leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears and secondary healing wounds.
Benefits of Mepilex Lite Dressing:
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes.
- Stays in place allowing for 'hands-free' to facilitate the application of compression or retention bandages.
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear.
- Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses.
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages.
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations.
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound.
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties.
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy.
Directions for the use of Mepilex Lite Dressing:
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- Remove the release films and apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
- For best results, Mepilex Lite should overlap dry surrounding skin by at least 2 cm. If required, Mepilex Lite can be cut.
- When necessary, fixate Mepilex Lite with a bandage or other fixation.