Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing 10x11cm is an air permeable, self-adhesive absorbent dressing for low to moderately exuding wounds. It is suitable to be used for surgical wounds, minor burns, cuts. and abrasions.
Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing 10x11cm is a skin-friendly, water-based adhesive that gently sticks to the skin, and is easy to remove with minimum or no pain. They are water-based, solvent-free and completely skin-friendly.
Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing includes 1 dressing, 10 x 11 cm.
- Easy-to-remove protection paper allows for the convenient and aseptic application.
- The fabric is flexible, conforms well to body contours, and allows body movements when in place.
- The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through.
- The polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation.
- The wound pad can absorb moderate amounts of wound fluids and the low-adherent wound contact layer reduces the risk of adherence to the wound.
- The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapour permeability.
Directions for the use of Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing:
The frequency of dressing changes will be governed by the condition of the underlying wound. Upon removal grasp the edge and slowly peel the dressing from the skin in the direction of hair growth.
- Open package and remove the dressing.
- Grip both overlapping release papers, exposing adhesive surface allowing initial fixation of the dressing.
- Position the dressing on the skin without stretching and gently remove the rest of the release papers. Firmly smooth adhesive border to obtain proper adhesion. Do not stretch the dressing when applying.
Areas of use: Mepore can be used in a wide variety of wounds which have low to moderate exudate levels. These include surgical wounds, minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
Caution before using Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing:
- The manufacturers have identified no absolute contra-indications to the use of Mepore Dressing, but the dressing should not be applied to patients who are known to be sensitive to acrylic adhesives or to individuals who have very fragile or easily damaged skin.
- Mepore should not be applied to patients who are sensitive to acrylic adhesives.
- Care should be taken when applying the dressing that it does not impair the movement or flexibility of joints.
- It should also not be applied under tension to prevent shearing forces causing damage to the skin.
- After some surgical interventions significant swelling can occur. In such instances it may be more appropriate to apply a more flexible product to minimise the possibility of skin trauma.