Micropore Tape 25mm X 5m Plus Dispenser is a first aid tape that is porous, breathable, and gentle. It's perfect for securing dressings on sensitive areas such as around the eyes and face.
Micropore Tape 25mm X 5m Plus Dispenser is ideal for covering cuts and blisters on small or hard to reach areas. It is made up of a comfortable, non-extensible, and non-woven fabric that is manufactured from 100% viscose and coated with a layer of acrylic adhesive.
- Micropore Tape will withstand limited exposure to water once it is on the skin, without losing all of its adhesive properties.
- The tape is permeable to both water and water vapour, thus, it will allow the passage of sweat and secretions from the surface of the body to the environment, preventing maceration of the skin.
- The tape is easy to remove, meaning it will not cause pain when you remove it.
Caution Before Using Micropore Tape:
- Although there are no absolute contra-indications to the use of Micropore, it should (like most tapes) be used with caution on patients who have very fragile skin, such as those on long-term steroid therapy.
- It should not be necessary to use skin tackifiers, such as tincture of benzoin, with Micropore.
- The tape is not extensible, and therefore care should be taken to ensure that it is not applied under tension (which could cause damage to the skin by exerting a shearing force).
- Micropore should be stored in a dry place, and not subjected to extremes of temperature.