Piriteze Once A Day Allergy Syrup contains cetirizine at maximum strength to hit hay fever hard and provide long-lasting relief from a range of other allergies with one daily dose. Multipack 3 x 70ml.
Piriteze Once A Day Allergy Syrup is used to treat the symptoms of hayfever (itchy or watery eyes, sneezing and a runny nose) and other allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies. It can also be used to relieve the rashes and itching of hives. The active ingredient is cetirizine hydrochloride, an antihistamine which can help to relieve the symptoms of some allergies and itchy skin rashes.
Multipack contains: 3 packs of Piriteze Once A Day Allergy Syrup 70ml.
This syrup has a banana flavour and is free of alcohol and sugar.
Piriteze Once A Day Allergy Syrup can be used for children over 6 years old.
Features of Piriteze Once A Day Allergy Syrup
- Non-drowsy in the majority of users.
- Piriteze allergy relief syrup offer 24 hour maximum strength allergy relief for adults and children 6 years
- The active ingredient is cetirizine hydrochloride, an antihistamine which can help to relieve the symptoms of allergies and itchy skin rashes
- Can bring relief from Pet allergies and house dust mite allergies
- All day relief
- Banana flavoured syrup
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Dosage. For oral use.
- Use the spoon provided to make sure you have the correct dose.
- Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over: Two 5 ml spoonfuls once daily.
- Children aged between 6 and 12 years: One 5 ml spoonful twice daily - morning and evening.
- Children under 6 years: Not recommended.
If you have kidney problems, you may need to lower the dose - see leaflet for further advice.
Do not take Piriteze Syrup if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- Have severe kidney problems.
Take special care with this syrup if you have:
- Liver problems
- Mild or moderate kidney problems.
Talk to your doctor if you are taking any of the following:
Sedatives e.g. nitrazepam, as their effects may be increased by cetirizine.
Taking this medicine with food and drink:
As with other antihistamines, it is advisable to avoid drinking large amounts of alcohol whilst taking this syrup.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
- Talk to your doctor before taking if you are pregnant.
- Do not take if you are breast feeding.
Driving and using machines:
This syrup does not normally cause drowsiness. However, individuals can react differently so if you are affected, you should not drive or operate machinery. This effect will be worse if you are also taking sedatives or drink alcohol.
Other Precautions you should take:
- The medicine should be discontinued 3 days before any allergy testing.
- If you take your medicine for a long time there is an increased risk of tooth decay due to mouth dryness. It is important to brush your teeth regularly.
Important information about some of the ingredients of the syrup:
- This product contains sorbitol - if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Piriteze Syrup contains:
Cetrizine Hydrochloride 5mg per 5ml. Also includes Sorbitol (E420), Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216)