SMA Advanced Follow On Milk is specifically tailored to complement a weaning diet. Also enriched with essential nutrients to support the immune system and normal cognitive development. Suitable for use from 6 to 12 months old.
SMA Advanced Follow On Milk is specifically tailored to complement a weaning diet. Enriched with essential nutrients, including Zinc and Vitamins A, C & D to support the normal function of the immune system, and Iron to support normal cognitive development. SMA Advanced Follow On Milk also contains 2'FL and LNnT.
Key Features of SMA Advanced Follow On Milk
- Stage 2, suitable from 6 to 12 months
- Enriched with Zinc, Iron, and Vitamins A, C & D
- Also contains 2'FL and LNnT
- To complement a weaning diet
Preparing your baby's feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure 180 ml (approx. 6 fl. oz.) of water into a beaker or bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide) levelling of each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool beaker/bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the lid/teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Feeding Guide from 6 Months
1 Serving = 200 ml: 1 beaker/bottle, Amount of cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz. (approx.), Number of scoops of powder: 6
All babies are different but try to ensure that from 6 months to 1 year your baby has 500 - 600 ml of SMA® Advanced Follow-on Milk per day, either as a drink, on cereals or mixed with food. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz) of water.
Approx. 181 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.4 g. Approx. 30 x 200 ml servings per can.
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. SMA ADVANCED Follow-on Milk is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet. It should not be used as a substitute for breast milk during the first 6 months. The decision to start weaning or to use this product before 6 months, should be made only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, based on baby's individual needs. Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill. It is recommended that you prepare each feed in individual bottles when required. For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible. For older babies, made-up formula can be added to food. Do not alter or add to formula unless medically directed. Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Lactose (Milk), Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Coconut, Rapeseed), Partially Hydrolysed Whey Protein (Milk), 2'Fucosyllactose, Lacto-N-Neotetraose, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (AA, DHA (Fish Oil)), Vitamins (C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, E, Riboflavin, A, D, Thiamin, B6, Folic Acid, K, Biotin, B12), Potassium Chloride, L-Arginine, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, L-Histidine, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Nucleotides (Cytidine- DIsodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5' -Monophosphate), Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Potassium Iodide, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Sodium Selenate