SMA Gold Prem 2 is formulated to support the 'catch-up' growth of preterm, low birthweight babies. Nutritionally complete and enriched with essential nutrients. Multipack contains 3 x 400g tubs of milk powder.
SMA Gold Prem 2 is specially formulated for the dietary management of preterm low birthweight babies. This specialist blend is nutritionally complete and is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition up to 6 months corrected age. Enriched with Calcium, phosphorus, and Omega 3 & 6 LCPs.
Key Features of SMA Gold Prem 2
- Suitable for use on discharge from the hospital
- Nutritionally complete
- For the 'catch-up' growth of preterm low birthweight babies
- Enriched with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
Preparing your baby's feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide) levelling of each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool beaker/bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the lid/teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Approx. weight of baby: 1.8 - 2.5kg, 4 - 5.5 lb; Preparation for single feeds: 1 Level scoops, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 30ml, 1 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 hours 8 - 9
Approx. weight of baby: 2.5 - 3kg, 5.5 - 7lb; Preparation for single feeds: 2 Level scoops, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 60ml, 2 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 hours 5 - 6
Approx. weight of baby: 3 - 4kg, 7 - 9lb; Preparation for single feeds: 3 Level scoops, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 90ml, 3 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 hours 6
Approx. weight of baby: 4 - 5kg, 9 - 11lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 120ml, 4 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 hours 6
Approx. weight of baby: 5 - 7kg, 11 - 15lb; Preparation for single feeds: 5 Level scoops, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 150ml, 5 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 hours 5
This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If your require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Nutritional requirements of preterm low birthweight infants vary according to the age, weight and clinical conditions of each infant. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz) of water.
Note: 3 scoops of powder added to 90 ml (3 fl. oz. Approx.) water makes 100 ml (31/4 fl. oz. Approx.) milk.
Approx. 83 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.8 g.
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. This product must be used under medical supervision. SMA Gold Prem 2 is a special catch-up formula intended for the dietary management of preterm low birthweight babies who are not solely fed breast milk. It is a nutritionally complete formula for use on discharge from hospital or when a low birthweight formula is no longer appropriate. It is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition up to 6 months corrected age. SMA Gold Prem 2 is not intended for use with newborn preterm babies, for whom fortified breast milk or a low birthweight formula such as SMA Gold Prem 1 is more appropriate. SMA Gold Prem 2 is not suitable for those who are allergic to cows' milk protein, lactose intolerant or who suffer from galactosaemia or require a galactose free diet. This product must be used under medical supervision. Thickened formula may require a fast flow-teat. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill. We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required. For hygienic reason, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible. For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food. Do not alter or add to formula unless medically directed. Do not warm feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Remember, cow's milk should not be used as a drink during the first year. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
Lactose (Milk), Vegetable Oils including Structured Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Palm, Coconut, Rapeseed), Partially Hydrolysed Whey Protein (Milk), Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Calcium Phosphate, Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (AA, DHA, (Fish Oil)), Calcium Chloride, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C, Inositol, Potassium Chloride, L-Arginine, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol-Rich Extract), Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin K, Vitamin D, Biotin, Vitamin B12.