The Volumatic Spacer Device is a large volume spacer for use with Ventolin, Flixotide and Seretide. When using aerosol inhalers it is important that you release a puff of medicine just as you start to breathe in. The Volumatic helps to get the most from your inhaler.
Volumatic Spacer Device - Large-volume spacer device for use with Ventolin, Flixotide and Seretide. When using aerosol inhalers it is important that you release a puff of medicine just as you start to breathe in. The Volumatic helps you to get the most from your inhaler. It allows more medicine to get down into your lungs where it is needed and less into your mouth where it can sometimes cause side-effects.
It is usually used:
- to overcome any difficulties with pressing the inhaler and breathing in at the same time
- to give higher doses of medicine
- Fit the two halves of the Volumatic together. Line up the notch on one half with the slot on the other, then press together.
- Take of the mouthpiece cover from the inhaler and check inside and outside to make sure the mouth piece is clean. If the inhaler is new or has not been used for a week or more, shake it well and release one puff into the air to prime it.
- Shake the inhaler well.
- Fit the inhaler firmly into the end of the Volumatic, opposite the mouthpiece. Check the mouthpiece of the Volumatic inside and outside to make sure it is clean.
- Hold device, breathe out as far as is comfortable and then...
- Close your lips firmly around the mouthpiece but do not bite it.
- Press down with finger(s) on the top of the inhaler to release one puff of medicine. Straight away take one deep breath or five normal breaths to make sure the medicine goes into your lungs. You do not need to take to Volumatic out of your mouth to breathe out.
- Hold your breath, take the Volumatic out of your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler. Continue holding your breath for as long as is comfortable.
- Breathe Out.
- If you need to take more than one puff, remove the inhaler by tilting the top forward and repeat steps 3 to 9.
- After use, remove the inhaler from the Volumatic. Replace the mouthpiece to keep out dust and fluff.